The Ventura College Promise
The Ventura College Promise is a program sponsored by the Ventura College Foundation that is designed:
- To remove the economic barriers to education for graduating Ventura County high school seniors
- To improve the college-going rate in Ventura County
- To enhance the quality of the workforce in Ventura County
The “Promise” is that all 2011 Ventura County high school graduates will have their enrollment fees covered during their first year of attendance at Ventura College. This same promise is extended to students who have successfully completed their GED requirements or who have completed the coursework for high school in 2011, but have not yet passed their exit exam. Expenses covered by the Ventura College Promise include the per-unit cost of classes, the Student Rep fee, the Health fee, and the Student Center fee.
To qualify, the 2011 Ventura County high school graduate must:
- Make a commitment to attend Ventura College for the semesters they are eligible for the Ventura College Promise
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
- Complete a Ventura College application for admission www.venturacollege.edu
- Take the college’s assessment examination in Math and English.
- Work with a Ventura College counselor to develop an education plan and goal
- Apply for the Ventura College Promise and be enrolled in Ventura College immediately after high school (or GED) completion.
- Submit a Ventura College Promise Application to the Ventura College Foundation by the application deadline.